24 March 2020
We support you during this time! From April on we will give more Creativity Awards and higher prize money
- Beyond Music Project Vol. 2
- Musical theme
- Creativity Awards
- Team Spririt
Dear Beyond Music family,
In this extremely challenging time for all of us due to the Coronavirus desease (Covid-19), we want you to know that we are here for you and are thinking about ways to support you.
We know about your difficulties as artists due to the cancelled concerts in the countries affected by the virus. We know that many of you are losing important income. We know of the challenges of domestic isolation that you are facing in order to contain the spread of the virus.
You are not alone! As a digital community we have the unique opportunity to continue to operate, to keep in touch with each other, to make new contacts & friends and above all to be creative together! Especially now, when so many of you are tied to their homes, you can virtually develop pieces of music with artists around the world, which we will financially reward.
Global solidarity is the most important value in the current situation!
We have decided the following for the next Creativity Awards:
The 2nd Creativity Award will be awarded at the end of this week. From then on we will give Creativity Awards every 3-4 weeks.
This is the new prize money starting from the 3rd Creativity Award in April:
The winning will be rewarded with 1,000 US dollars per participating artist up to a total of 5 artists. That means: If a collaboration is larger than 5 artists, the prize money of 5,000 US dollars will be divided by the number of participating artists (so far we have awarded 4,000 US dollars per collaboration).
These are the new rules for the 4th Creativity Award, which will be presented in May, and all subsequent awards, in terms of worldwide solidarity, support and team spirit:
1. A submitted collaboration must consist of at least 3 artists from the platform. There is no upper limit to the number of artists.
2. Remember: At least two different cultural backgrounds must be represented in a collaboration, true to the vision of Beyond Music "uniting cultures through music".
3. Please respect the musical theme "Songs for the Planet". Submitted music pieces that do not deal with this topic cannot qualify for the Beyond Music Project.
4. For the winners of the Beyond Music Project Vol. 1: Please go out of your comfort zone and develop songs with at least two artists from the platform who were not invited to the last album recordings. We want to encourage new connections. Thank you for your understanding and support!
5. Another request to the winners of Beyond Music Project Vol. 1: Please help other users to start a collaboration, share your knowledge. You know what is important to us and can give valuable assistance.
6. Music pieces submitted so far, which do not meet the above criteria, can be edited and resubmitted. Please contact us for this.
Bill Gates wrote the following in the wake of the Coronavirus crisis: "It is reminding us that our true work is not our job, that is what we do, not what we were created to do. Our true work is to look after each other, to protect each other and to be of benefit to one another. (...) It is reminding us that the power of freewill is in our hands. We can choose to cooperate and help each other, to share, to give, to help and to support each other".
With warm regards,
Regula, Founder & Konstanze, CEO